The principal mission of the Jeunesses Musicales Canada Foundation (JMCF) is to support Jeunesses Musicales Canada (JMC) activities that promote the dissemination of classical music, especially to young audiences, and help develop the careers of young professional artists and composers, both nationally and internationally.
The Foundation also awards scholarships to the most promising young Canadian musicians from the funds it collects.
About Jeunesses Musicales Canada
Established in Canada since 1949, JMC was one of the first organizations to offer classical music concerts in outlying regions, and today is still the only organization to present opera productions with sets and costumes outside of large urban centres.
Each year JMC means:
- Over 100,000 spectators, largely made up of young audiences;
- More than 40 cities toured;
- Over 20 Young Audiences productions;
- 105 schools reached;
- 6 General Public productions plus a staged opera with sets and costumes;
- 19 JMC regional centres managed by volunteers who are passionate about classical music;
- Nearly 600 performances across the country.